The single-channel isolating switching amplifiers IM1-121EX-T from Turck Australia are equipped with an intrinsically safe input circuit.
Sensors according to EN 60947-5-6 (NAMUR) or potential-free contactors can be connected to these devices. The output circuits of the amplifiers feature two potential-free and short circuit protected transistors, one of which works as alarm output. Three front panel switches are used to set the output mode separately for each channel (NO or NC mode), as well as to enable/disable wire-break (WB) and short-circuit (SC) monitoring separately.
When using mechanical contacts, the wirebreak and short-circuit monitoring must be switched off or the contact must be connected to resistors.
The green LED indicates operational readiness. The output switching status is indicated yellow by the two colour LED. In the event of input circuit errors the dual colour LED changes to red, provided the input circuit monitoring function is activated. Thereupon the output and the alarm transistor are inhibited.
Other characteristics of these single-channel isolating switching amplifiers include:
- Monitoring of input circuits for wire-break/short-circuit (ON/OFF mode)
- SIL 2
- 2 transistor outputs, short-circuit proof, potential-free and reverse-polarity protected
- Common alarm output
- Removable terminal blocks
- Universal operating voltage (20…250VAC/ 20…125VDC)
- Galvanic isolation of input circuits to output circuits and supply voltage