Triple Point Technology is a global provider of commodity trading and enterprise risk management software. The company provides innovative solutions to competitively address the complex commodities value chain and currently enables over 260 customers in over 35 countries to profitably manage exposure to energy and raw materials across a range of industries.
The Base and Precious Metals Commodity Management Solution - Commodity XL - is a Triple Point Technology commodity trading and enterprise risk management software program designed for the metals and mining industry.
The importance of mining to the world should not be underestimated. Metals extracted from the ground are used in so many applications of everyday life, and are exported to regions outside of where they were mined from. Over the last decade base and precious metal prices have both risen in price and become much more volatile. Miners and refiners/smelters must have sophisticated systems in place that not only transact and capture data in real time, but that also provide critical business intelligence and analysis information to make the best decisions around trade execution, position management, and physical logistics.
Commodity XL is a metals commodity trading and risk management software solution that provides complete control over trading operations. It allows traders to better manage current positions and gain real-time information to take advantage of market movement. Commodity XL integrates physical and financial trading, improves trading efficiencies with deal entry templates, provides sensitivity analysis, and enables "what-if" scenarios.
The base and precious metals commodity trading and risk management solutions software provided by Triple Point Technology also includes the following:
- Price Risk Management - sophisticated tools for portfolio stress testing, sensitivity analysis to run what-if trades, analysis of real-time position and exposure at granular and rolled-up levels
- Chartering and Vessel Operations - efficiently handles all chartering, post-fixture activities including freight risk management, and financial aspects of commercial vessel operations
- Scheduling - handles all transactions from straight forward physical trade matching, to complex itinerary scheduling involving multiple trades, commodities, methods of transportation, and inventory movements
- Counterparty Credit Risk Management - proactively measures, manages, and mitigates the risk arising from counterparty default
- Hedge Accounting - manages the set of requirements under hedge accounting regulations, including testing, documentation, and reporting required to qualify for hedge accounting status
- Fair Value Disclosure - provides tools and framework to define, measure, and manage fair value levels and meet all disclosure requirements for ASC 820 (FAS 157) and IFRS 7 compliance.