Trimble Australia announces the release of its Trimble GCS900 Grade Control System version 12.2 with optimised performance for dozers and deeper integration into the connected construction site.
Integrating Trimble GradeMax technology to significantly increase the overall grading performance of dozers and allow the operator to grade faster and more consistently with tighter accuracy, Trimble GCS900 Grade Control System comes standard with Trimble Connected Machine technology to enhance productivity by wirelessly synchronising data between the office and the machine to reduce machine downtime and drive greater productivity.
Trimble Connected Machine
According to Roz Buick, vice president and general manager for Trimble’s Civil Construction Division, the release demonstrates Trimble’s commitment to transforming the construction site and making connectivity standard on the machine. Connected Machine technology maximises machine uptime, improves productivity and enables asset management.
Key benefits of Trimble Connected Machine technology:
- Continued optimisation of grade control technology and innovative Connected Machine functionality eliminate work stoppage for routine tasks
- Single machine control device, the SNM940 Connected Site Gateway provides machine communications and connectivity
- Enables the update of design files, reporting of machine usage and monitoring of site progress
- Real-time communication enabled as an integrated part of the workflow
- Brings the machine and office together in real-time
- Integrates grade control data communications, remote GNSS corrections and telematics to optimise asset productivity and reduce operational costs
- Enables contractors to remotely manage assets and projects from the office
- Allows machine operators to stay up-to-date with the latest design files, work orders and training without leaving the machine
Trimble GCS900 Grade Control System version 12.2 also includes Trimble GradeMax technology that optimises performance for dozers without additional sensors.
Key benefits of Trimble GradeMax technology:
- Real-time control of the machine’s automatic blade control settings allows operators to adjust machine response to varying material conditions and optimise performance
- Doubles the update rate for GNSS data controlling blade movement
- Faster data means smoother, more consistent control and rapid recovery of the dozer blade
- Allows operators to grade higher quality surfaces at faster speeds on simple or complex designs and in any material type