Trimble Australia announces the availability of the GCSFlex Grade Control System featuring an innovative new system configuration for GPS guidance.
The addition of GPS guidance to GCSFlex’s configuration extends the system’s functionality and allows a contractor to work faster and with more freedom than other traditional laser-referenced grade control systems for excavators.
Using GPS guidance and in-field design templates created directly from the cab on the Trimble CB450 Control Box, excavator operators can now very accurately dig to desired depths, slopes or alignments without creating a digital design in the office, minimising prep work before the job and eliminating grade checking on completion.
Trimble’s new GCSFlex Grade Control System with GPS guidance allows users to create in-field designs in the cab and take advantage of GPS guidance in 2D mode rather than 3D, providing greater flexibility to the system without adding additional complexity in its use.
The new GCSFlex replaces the laser plane used in traditional excavator grade control systems with GPS guidance for position and orientation of the excavator, allowing the operator maximum freedom to move the machine without being tethered to a bench point on the ground or a laser transmitter with range limits.
Configuration of GCSFlex Grade Control System:
- CB450 Control Box in the cab
- Angle sensors on the boom, stick and bucket
- MS972 GNSS Smart Antenna on the cab roof
- Trimble SNM940 Connected Site Gateway for receiving GPS corrections
- Subscription services such as Trimble VRS Now Service or Trimble Internet Base Station Service (IBSS)
- User-friendly menus on the CB450 Control Box allow the operator to create in-field templates for specific excavation tasks
- Display software provides step-by-step instructions to create in-field design templates for excavating to fixed depths or depths with slope, alignment or profile
- Operator-friendly machine control helps create alignments similar to traditional methods that use staking and string lines
- Affordable, easy-to-use machine control system for owner operators and small to mid-sized contractors
- Flexible system configuration options allow contractors to select sensor options that fit their job site needs
- Subscription services communicate GPS corrections via a cellular connection to the SNM940 and eliminate the need for a base station