Trimble Australia announces the introduction of the new 3D Compaction Control System designed for asphalt compactors.
Trimble CCS900 Compaction Control System extends the range of Trimble’s paving solutions to cover milling, asphalt paving, finished compaction and project sign-off.
Trimble’s start-to-finish paving and road re-surfacing solutions enable contractors to work more efficiently, use less material and achieve a smoother finished road surface.
The Trimble CCS900 Compaction Control System takes the guesswork out of asphalt compaction through enhanced features such as real-time temperature and pass count maps.
Asphalt compaction operations strive to achieve the optimal compaction density as efficiently as possible but involve considerable human interaction to determine the right timing and number of pass counts to accomplish ideal mat density.
The Trimble CCS900 Compaction Control System eliminates much of the guesswork involved in asphalt paving operations through better information delivery to the operator, helping to achieve a more consistently compacted surface to target design density.
The system provides visual indications for the operator to roll a more efficient pattern, which can lead to increased productivity and fuel savings.
Key features of Trimble CCS900 Compaction Control System:
- Real-time temperature maps for the operator to find the optimal window for compaction
- Pass count maps to avoid over or under compaction
- Documentation indicating consistent compaction effort across the entire project
- Verifiable as-built information transferred via two-way data sync for documentation and timely payment
- Two optional IS310 infrared sensors mounted over the front and rear rollers measure the temperature of the mat at the time of compaction
- Temperature readings are relayed and graphically represented on the in-cab control box, indicating the areas to be compacted immediately
- Operators can monitor areas that have not been overlapped properly
- Entry-level pass count system can be deployed across multiple asphalt compactors in a fleet
- Various upgrades such as temperature mapping, higher accuracy mapping, compaction value mapping and a larger display screen are also available
The Trimble CCS900 Compaction Control System for asphalt compactors is available now through Trimble’s worldwide SITECH Technology Dealer Channel and the Heavy and Highway Construction Distribution Channel.