Trimble Australia announces the introduction of the Trimble TSC3 handheld controller for construction designed to provide greater jobsite control and field connectivity to construction supervisors, foremen, grade checkers and site engineers.
The powerful new controller featuring built-in GPS, 3G, Wi-Fi and a 5 MP digital camera is a rugged addition to the portfolio of controllers for heavy and highway contractors.
Construction professionals can use the handheld controllers to stay connected and be equipped with accurate positioning, digital design information as well as the ability to locate, measure and record information anywhere on the construction site with just one device.
The Trimble Connected Site portfolio of productivity-enhancing solutions streamline site measurement and stakeout operations for highways, small and large commercial sites, landfills, waste disposal facilities, tunnels, railway construction and mines.
The Trimble TSC3 handheld controller is designed to perform well in these harsh construction environments with features such as a large 4.2 inch, sunlight-readable touch screen display, ruggedised bumpers and long battery life.
Additionally, the controller is resistant to shock, dust and water for extended durability.
GPS Navigator, Wireless Communications and Camera in One Device
The new TSC3 controller features onboard GPS, wireless communications and a digital camera, combining the benefits of multiple handheld devices into a single unit.
- Built-in GPS allows the TSC3 to be used for standalone navigation and measurement purposes
- Bluetooth and optional radio capabilities allow the controller to be used with Trimble Site Positioning Systems, GNSS or total stations, where high accuracy is required
- Integrated communications including Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and a cellular modem keep data flowing between field instruments, job crews and other stakeholders
- Integrated 3G modem provides instant access to the Internet for receiving base station corrections as well as emailing and synching files with Connected Community
- 5 MP digital camera allows easy collection of site information and visually records site conditions for documentation and quality control
- Images are automatically geotagged and associated with measured points for easy identification
Key benefits of Trimble TSC3 handheld controller:
- Advanced communications capabilities allow contractors to realise significant savings by eliminating the time and cost of physically driving data updates to and from the field
- Engineers can send design changes or work orders to contractors and crews in the field
- Contractors can transfer progress reports, on-site problems, and as-built data back to the office on completion of on-site operations
- Site issues and completed work can be photographed and sent back to the office overlaid on the site map allowing managers to make instant decisions on remedial work
- Two-way data capability reduces delays and rework associated with using outdated information and synching data only at the end of the workday
- Reduced delays and rework ensure projects will finish on time and under budget
Trimble TSC3 handheld controllers are available through Trimble’s worldwide SITECH Technology Dealer channel and the Heavy and Highway Construction Distribution Channel.