The LPD4012 series of coupled miniature shielded inductors are only 1,1mm high and 4mm square. The coupling coefficient (k ≥ 0.94) makes it suitable for use in SEPIC applications.
In SEPIC topologies, the required inductance for each winding in a coupled inductor is half the value needed for two separate inductors, allowing selection of a part with lower DCR and higher current handling.
These inductors provide high efficiency and current handling in a rugged, low cost part. They can also be used as a coupled inductor, two single inductors connected in parallel, as a 1 : 1 transformer or as an autotransformer when connected in series.
The LPD4012 series of coupled miniature shielded inductors are available from Tri Components , the agent of Coilcraft.
Core material Ferrite
- Weight 54 – 64mg
- Terminations RoHS compliant silver-palladium-platinum-glass frit
- Other terminations available at additional cost
- Ambient temperature –40°C to +85°C with Irms current, +85°C to +125°C with derated current
- Storage temperature component: –40°C to +125°C
- Packaging: –55°C to +80°C
- Winding to winding isolation 100 V
- Resistance to soldering heat Max three 40 second reflows at +260°C, parts cooled to room temperature between cycles
- Moisture Sensitivity Level (MSL) 1 (unlimited floor life at <30°C /85% relative humidity)
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) 26,315,789 hours
- Packaging 1000/7″reel; 3500/13″ reel Plastic tape: 12 mm wide, 0.25 mm thick, 8 mm pocket spacing, 1.32 mm pocket depth
- PCB washing only pure water or alcohol recommended