Wieland’s Samos PLAN v1.3 control software designed for its range of Samos PRO modular safety products is now available from Treotham Automation.
Samos PRO safe function modules enable the setup of complex safety applications, allowing users to monitor all kinds of parameters.
The complete Samos system is suitable for use in industrial Ethernet environments as well as in fieldbus systems using the PROFIBUS DP or CANopen protocol.
The Samos PLAN v1.3 control software system is programmed by the user using Samos PLAN, a programming tool offering a graphical user interface for the configuration and parameterisation of inputs and outputs.
According to Treotham, the user does not require any special knowledge of PLC programming languages.
The Samos plan allows users to solve technical safety tasks without mastering a programming language, thanks to an intuitive graphic programming user interface with several automated functions.
Key features of Samos PLAN v1.3 control software:
- Provides the user with a convenient graphic programming interface for Samos PRO
- Configuration and parameterisation of inputs and outputs is completely open
- Changes in the user’s application can be managed easily
The finished application program is saved on the removable program media, Samos MEMORY directly in the system, which will then be available inside the control cabinet even after replacement.
Samos PLAN v1.3 control software offers the user many safe, practice-oriented function blocks.
- Emergency stop functions
- Protective door and locking functions
- Light barrier and light curtain functions
- Muting functions
- Two-hand and press functions
- Logic functions
- Timer and counter functions
- Operating mode switch