Treotham supplies a new series of emergency stop buttons for use in machines and systems.
Emergency stop buttons are operated to stop a dangerous motion and bring the machine to a safe position during an emergency.
The emergency stop buttons find application across diverse industries from elevators to packaging machinery.
Available in built-in or surface-mount versions, the emergency stop buttons can be integrated in an operator panel or mounted directly to a machine.
The new SNH emergency stop buttons have been approved by TÜV and for the North American market in accordance with UL/ CSA in addition to relevant standards of EN ISO 13850 of EN 60947-5-1 and EN 60947-5-5.
Depending on the design, the emergency stop buttons can be used up to safety category 4, performance level e or SIL 3 in accordance with the new machine directive 2006/42/EG. The SNH buttons also satisfy the current safety standards EN ISO 13849-1 and EN 62061.
SNH emergency stop buttons are important components for overall solutions in safety technology.
Key features of SNH emergency stop buttons
- Communicate with the safety switching devices of Series 4000 as well as safety controls samos and samos PRO from Wieland Electric
- Available as built-in or surface-mount versions with a standardised installation diameter of 22mm
- Can be integrated in an operator panel or directly mounted to a machine using a surface-mounted housing
- Contact blocks provide various wiring options including normally closed and/or normally open contacts
- Normally open contacts can report their status to a PLC
- A separate contact element monitors safe connection between the emergency stop button and the switching contacts to avoid accidental failure or prevent the buttons from being circumvented
- Buttons with integrated LED lighting as well as blocking protection sleeves are available to avoid accidental operation
- Can be used for protection degrees up to IP 69K
- Multiple switching variations can be created with 7 different sizes of the operating component combined with numerous switching options