Travroute has released CoPilot Live Laptop 10 edition, an easy to use GPS navigation system designed for laptops and Ultra-Mobile PCs (UMPCs).
Rather than paying for an expensive personal navigation device, Laptop 10 provides the CoPilot software and GPS receiver to fit onto an existing laptop or UMPC, making it the perfect companion for those hitting the road in search of Australia or those just in search of a client’s office.
“CoPilot Live benefits from ten years of refinement and provides the most sophisticated laptop GPS solution currently available” says Dan Titus, Senior Vice President of Mobility Solutions for ALK Technologies.
“This latest version includes significant map data updates provided by NAVTEQ. We have also added several new user-suggested functions.”
The NAVTEQ map data is the new version on the market and includes over 12.5m addresses that help enable accurate destination input and guidance.
Also included are new roads, new streets, new neighbourhoods and new points of interest such as petrol stations, schools and safety cameras.
Features of CoPilot Live Laptop 10 with all new NAVTEQ mapping include:
- Enhanced 3D map display, with distance to destination, moving maps, and turn arrows
- Spoken turn-by-turn directions to any address in Australia, coast to coast with sophisticated text to speech technology pronouncing complete road names: “In 200m turn left onto Herrontown Road”
- Customisable routing profiles – which gives you complete control over what kind of roads CoPilot favours (Highways, local roads)
- The option to create, share and customise your own voice or download new voice sets
- A database of 700 safety cameras
- Automatic speech volume adjustments tied to vehicle speed
- Toll road alerts