A West Australia-based diversified logistics business is experiencing significant growth in revenue as well as fleet strength thanks to the implementation of the Sapphire Transport Management Suite by Translogix Software .
Leading transport and logistics solutions vendor, Translogix Software implemented the integrated Sapphire Transport Management Suite at Goldstar Transport in 2008. Since the implementation, Goldstar Transport has experienced considerable revenue growth from an increasing base of blue chip clients as well as a 30% increase in fleet and operational employees.
In addition to helping the company maximise their investment in their fleet, the automation and functionality provided by Sapphire has simultaneously allowed a reduction in administration staff.
The implementation of the TransLogix Sapphire Transport Management Suite followed Goldstar’s decision to go in for a complete overhaul of existing software packages and manual systems.
Managing Director Sean Carren was looking to not only maximise opportunities for growth but to also improve the key tenets on which his company operated:
- Safety of operations
- Success built on exceptional levels of customer service and communication
- Matching levels of control, visibility and management across the core areas of the business
In addition to operating without a single view of the business, payroll was becoming a time-consuming and difficult task given the 90 full-time and part-time staff on a mix of salary, wage and contract terms.
The company implemented the integrated Transport, Accounts, Warehouse and Workshop modules of TransLogix Sapphire suite in 2008 to centralise all functional requirements and information into the one system.
Key benefits derived by Goldstar from the TransLogix Sapphire suite implementation:
- Ability to tailor the chain of responsibility allows the company to provide 100% satisfaction to blue chip customers
- Seamless access to accurate data from any location assists in decision making
- Workshop module has helped reduce the average age of vehicles by automatically allocating the most cost-effective vehicle to every job
- Increased revenue from blue chip clients
- 30% increase in fleet and operational employee strength