TransLogix Software has announced that its Sapphire Transport Management Suite has been chosen by The Woods Group to streamline operations and consolidate growth. The Woods Group is an Australian, family-owned, diversified grain, seeds and stockfeed agribusiness. Its growing, marketing, milling and transport businesses are run separately but are all linked by common management and strategic goals. Woods Transport operates 25 trucks with a team of employed drivers as well as subcontractors for carting bulk grain and containerised freight. Its three key sites, at Port of Brisbane, Toowoomba and Goondiwindi, operate 24 hours per day.
“After considerable analysis of what was available in the market, we selected the Translogix Sapphire Transport Management System (TMS) to streamline our processes. We needed operational fluency and full integration with our accounting requirements,” Andrew Woods, Director of The Woods Group and Managing Director of Woods Transport, said.
Features and benefits of the Sappphire transport management suite include:
- Each container can now be tracked against a single release number from when it leaves the container park through the use of the transport management suite
- The transport management suite allows the user to produce one accurate invoice per release number
- The Sapphire transport management suite allows the user to better track and utilise its existing equipment
- This transport management suite allows the user to capture all costs for all invoices and understand the real cost of moving containers
- Improved productivity, accuracy and speed with the real-time system occurs when using the transport management suite
“I have high expectations of Sapphire and am encouraged by the product so far. While our use is in its infancy, we are very happy with how it presents and its ease of use. Importantly for us, the people at TransLogix are very helpful and professional and there is great potential for our relationship.