Advanta Software , one of the specialist software solution providers to the 3PL, logistics and fuel distribution markets, announced that Gekko Petroleum has selected ATLAS Fuel, Advanta Software’s fuel distributors’ software suite, to be the new software platform supporting the future growth of the company.
Gekko Petroleum is a supplier of products and services to the petroleum industry. Gekko Petroleum’s services include both risk management and consultation services to users of energy and fuel products and through its parent company Masefield, Gekko Petroleum also offers international energy trading services.
“Our rapid growth highlighted the need to replace our existing systems”, commented Brett Crawford, Managing Director, Gekko Petroleum. “The lack of a specific system was limiting our ongoing expansion.”
In looking for a replacement system Gekko Petroleum identified potential suppliers through research and selected Advanta Software after confirmation by other industry contacts.
Gekko Petroleum selected Advanta Software’s ATLAS Fuel industry suite. ATLAS Fuel is a fuel industry specific version of Advanta Software’s ATLAS logistics suite. ATLAS Fuel encompasses all aspects of supply chain management, supply chain execution, CRM and eLogistics. In addition, ATLAS Fuel includes good features which cater to the special needs of the Australian Fuel Distribution industry.
“What we wanted was a software partner not just a software supplier” said Brett Crawford. We liked the Advanta solution but what impressed us even more was their interest in walking us through the processes to ensure our needs were truly going to be met”.
Following the implementation of ATLAS Fuel, Gekko Petroleum expectS to reap productivity gains arising from operation efficiencies and to remove a limitation to their business expansion by introducing a scalable IT solution that will support the increasing demands of their growing business around the country.
Features of ATLAS Fuel software suite include:
- Management of the bulk movement of fuel throughout the supply chain from terminal, through trucks to distribution points
- Comprehensive interfaces to common retail POS systems
- Catering for the complex pricing and costing used in the Fuel Distribution industry
- Temperature correction calculation in all transactions including the costing and pricing of deliveries
- Interfacing to TouchStar onboard truck computers
- Interfacing to Truck Stop fuel pumps
- Management of distributor Fuel cards
- Extensive reporting on all aspects of the Fuel Distribution operation including; fleet performance, customer distribution costing and customer delivery profile