Electrostatic discharges occur when two bodies of different electrical charges come into contact with each other and then separate. This often takes the form of a spark, occurring in a fraction of a second. Most people have experienced this at some time, for example that unpleasant shock when shaking hands with someone. Unfortunately, these sparks can also cause expensive damage when a person is handling sensitive electronic components or equipment.
This range of electrostatic discharge safety footwear, aptly named the Volt –HI for the boot, and the Volt –Lo for the shoe, offers enhanced anti-static discharge capabilities. When worn, the wearer discharges any build-up of static electricity when their feet come into contact with the floor, thereby protecting themselves and sensitive equipment in the workplace.
Aside from these electrostatic discharge features, the Aimont Volt range of safety footwear also feature:
- style and comfort
- full grain leather and nubuck uppers
- anti-abrasion toe cap protection
- composite toe cap to make the footwear lightweight
- classic dual density polyurethane sole with built in shock absorber
- breathable lining and inner sole; and
- certificate of safety to Australian standards AS/NZ 2210.3.
The Aimont range of electrostatic discharge safety footwear is available in sizes 36-47 Euro (3-12 UK) for the Volt- Lo and sizes 38-47 Euro (5-12 UK) for the Volt- Hi.