Tracerco presents the TRACERCO T201 intrinsically safe contamination monitor, part of a wide range of radiation monitors designed to detect alpha/beta radiation in industrial environments.
The TRACERCO T201 intrinsically safe radiation contamination monitors are designed for use in diverse operations within the oil and gas as well as minerals processing industries where the potential for individual or environmental contamination exists during the transport or use of unsealed radioactive materials.
One of the earliest commercially available intrinsically safe contamination monitors, TRACERCO T201 radiation monitors combine operational reliability under adverse conditions with excellent sensitivity, intrinsic safety and ruggedised construction to increase safety levels in various potentially explosive industrial environments.
Key features of TRACERCO T201 radiation monitors:
- Intrinsic safety for use in potentially explosive environments (zones 0, 1 and 2), eliminating the need for a specific hot work permit
- Detects alpha/beta radiation (particularly sensitive for Pb-210/ Ra-226 and other NORM nuclides)
- Digital numeric display provides optional automatic direct translation to Bq/cm² for pre-programmed nuclides
- Peak measurement function determines radiation levels remotely in difficult to access areas
- Dual bar graph meter displays 0-1000cps
- Detachable radiation probe with up to 1.5m of extendable cable
- Ruggedised nylon 6/6 construction allows use in any weather condition
- Displays calibration due date
- Audible response with adjustable alarm thresholds