Based on 3rd generation Ethernet (3GE) communications, the new Model DI-788 is a 32-channel data acquisition system designed specifically to accept DI-8B-style modular signal conditioners.
Model DI-788 data acquisition systems are the first from DATAQ Instruments to feature a built-in switching AC power supply, allowing them to be powered directly from AC line voltage.
Designed for industrial measurements, the DI-788 is packaged in an enclosure that measures 42.9cm W x 47cm D x 8.9cm H and is suitable for placement on a desktop. The unit can be mounted in a standard 19-inch rack using optional brackets.
Model DI-788 can be used for thermocouple, voltage, strain, frequency, process current, RTD and potentiometric measurements.
Key features of Model DI-788 data acquisition systems:
- 14-bit resolution and programmable gain per channel of 1, 2, 4 and 8
- Maximum sample throughput rate up to 180,000 samples per second
- Two built-in 16-channel DI-8B module backplanes allows up to 32 signal conditioning modules
- Ethernet communications interface connects the DI-788 to any LAN; direct Internet access is also possible
- Patent-pending communication option uses standard CAT-5 cable to yield continuous data acquisition throughput rates up to 180kHz
- Multiple DI-785 and/or DI-788 products may be daisy-chained together to form an ad-hoc extended network of autonomous, fully synchronous data acquisition stations
- Industrial measurements are made through plug-in signal conditioning modules
- Eight 16-position removable screw terminal blocks allow signal connections to be made easily to the DI-788
- High 14-bit resolution analogue-to-digital conversion provides a responsive instrument capable of registering changes as small as one part in 8,192