Designed for substation and power automation applications, the Fast Ethernet media converters translate transmission signals from 100BASE-TX cable to 100BASE-FX fibre optic cable.
Capable of operating in a wide operating temperature range from -40°C to +75°C, the IP30-rated iCON-1141 series of Fast Ethernet media converters meets NEMA TS1/2 standard for traffic control equipment, complies with IEC61850-3 and IEEE1613 standards for electric utility automation applications in addition to meeting EN50121-4 safety standard for railway applications.
System reliability is enhanced with the Link Fault Pass-Through feature to help users quickly identify network errors while offering redundant power and relay output warning alarm to prevent damage and loss from power failure or port link failure.
The rugged and intelligent iCON-1141 series is specially designed to provide reliable and stable 10/100BaseTX to 100BaseFX media conversion for electric utility automation applications such as substations, wind power systems, hydro power plants, distributed energy resources and water control systems.
Key features of the iCON-1141 series Fast Ethernet media converters
- Available in all types of fibre cabling and connector types
- RJ-45 port provides auto-MDIX and auto-negotiation
- Equipped with a wide voltage range from 12 to 48 VDC redundant power input via a terminal block or power jack
- Secured with Power Polarity Reverse and Overload Current Resettable Fuse
- Front-facing LED indicators for continuous status reports on network speed, duplex media access control connection and network traffic also facilitate easy maintenance
- DIN-rail, panel or rack-mounted to fit various application requirements