Toshiba TEC Australia introduces the 2” B-EP2DL and the 4” B-EP4DL portable label printers to extend its support of advanced mobile applications in retail, warehouse & logistics, hospitality and healthcare environments.
The new B-EP2DL and B-EP4DL portable label printers meet all requirements for integration into legacy systems, protecting customer investments. The ever-increasing need for mobility and efficiency in the workplace requires a smart networking capability, both wired and wireless, which is also included in the new TOSHIBA TEC designs.
Built on the success of the outstanding B-SP2D printer series, the B-EP2DL and the B-EP4DL portable label printers are portable thermal printers with a contemporary and rugged design to meet the needs of today’s demanding mobile applications.
The new B-EP2DL and B-EP4DL portable label printers possess the following features:
- Durable & Robust: portable printers can be required in various environments, so the rugged rubber corners were developed, easily passing a 1.8m drop test on to concrete (1.5m for B-EP4)
- Easy Networking: the EP range is Wi-Fi certified, making networking to all wireless or cabled systems simple.
- Less Media Changes: the large capacity means changing media much less often, three times less often than the B-SP series. Plus there’s no core required on the rolls, so minimal waste.
- Lighter, Faster: Each one is small and light (from 480g & 860g including battery) that they can be worn or carried. The EP range of portable label printers boasts a market-leading print speed of up to 4 inches per second (105mm/sec) and a high performance 32bit RISC CPU ensures lightning-fast processing.
- Power Options: A new high capacity Lithium-Ion battery is part of the design which means longer battery life whilst keeping weight and size to a minimum. It has an internal fast charge circuit so that the printer can be quickly recharged on the move.
- So simple to use: for user friendliness and very fast operator training times, there’s nothing like the clear backlit LCD read-out on the larger Toshiba thermal printers.
- Swift Integration: The B-EP2DL and B-EP4DL label printers are Microsoft Windows compatible and feature a full range of communication interface versions including RS-232 Serial, Infrared (IrDA), USB 2.0, wireless LAN and Bluetooth. And it speaks many programming languages and is designed to simply plug and play without any software changes, whether it’s a Toshiba printer using TPCL or any make using BCI (Basic Command Interpreter). Both portable label printers will handle inputs from other peripherals such as scales and scanners. Uniquely, they support ESC/POS language.