To keep up with their heat tracing customers demands, Thermon Australia has created the SafeTrace family of isolated steam tracers, specifically designed to winterize pipes while reducing burn risks and decreasing steam consumption when compared to conventional bare tube steam tracing.
SafeTrace isolated steam tracing tubes provide the accurate and predictable heat transfer properties necessary to maintain temperature sensitive or corrosive products.
Designed to be easily installed without the need for channels, spacer blocks, or metallic attachment bands, SafeTrace isolated steam tracers are simply attached to the pipeworks or vessel with a temperature rated adhesive tape.
Two SafeTrace isolated steam tracer versions, the DLS and SLS, can be installed continuously from the steam supply header, along the heat traced line and continue to the condensate return manifold. SafeTrace makes this possible through a composite construction that culminates with a safety yellow polymer jacket.
Key benefits and features of SafeTrace isolated steam tracer versions include:
- increased safety
- safety yellow jacket alerts plant personnel to inherently dangerous materials such as steam per ASME/ANSI A13.1-1996
- precise heat transfer
- provides predictable temperature control
- eliminates hot/cold spots associated with bare metal tracers and spacer blocks
- prevents damage to temperature sensitive or corrosive products
- reduced costs
- operating and maintenance costs.