Plastic fabricator and wholesaler The Plastics Factory stocks a wide range of thermoplastics and other engineering plastics, including Acetals, which provide excellent creep resistance and dimensional stability.
Products manufactured from Acetals offer a unique balance of mechanical, thermal, chemical and electrical properties.
Acetal thermoplastics have good dimensional stability, fatigue, endurance, natural lubricity and machinability, and are supplied with FDA approval for contact with food products.
Other notable properties include:
- high hardness and stiffness
- very high mechanical properties
- low co-efficient of friction
- excellent dielectrical properties; and
- excellent rigidity.
Acetals are suitable for the fabrication of a range of components, including:
- precision gears
- bearings with close tolerances
- electrical engineering insulators
- compact bearing assemblies
- snap fit assemblies; and
- parts which operate in water between 60 to 90 degrees Celsius.