The Improve Group coordinates study tours to Japan’s leading Lean manufacturers twice a year, providing attendees with a better understanding of Lean manufacturing principles, and the only way to get exclusive access to Japanese Lean executives.
Manufacturers including Toyota, Nissan, Asahi Glass and Omron are visited during these tours, which are carefully planned by Improve Group to ensure comfort and security for all participants.
Principles covered in the tours include:
- how to reduce the cost of manufacturing
- how to service Level while dealing with staff layoffs
- how to deal with supply chain issues in an economic downturn
- how to manage cash flow and lines of credit
- how to get more out of your staff and become more productive
- how to leverage technology so your operation can dynamically change with the economy; and
- how to effectively lead change in an economic downturn to prepare for the upswing.
In addition, the study trips provide participants with an opportunity to gain a Certificate in International Operations Management from Kyoto International University.
The next Lean manufacturing study tour will take place from November 13th to 19th, 2011. Discounts are available for group bookings. Further information can be found online.