The Australian Trellis Door Company recently installed over 120 lineal metres of Trackless Barriers at Gosford Town Centre, a recently redeveloped shopping centre on the NSW Central Coast. The job description was to secure 8 kiosks situated in the middle of the centre. Being kiosks there was no super structure and no fixing points or supports. There were many angled lines and almost 120 lineal metres of space to secure, and no place to store the doors.
Features of the trackless barriers include:
- The absence of fixing points on the trackless barrier system poses no problems since the system is self-supporting
- The trackless barriers span an unlimited width at any angle and without the need for any mullions
- Storage space is not an issue as the systems could be stored off the premises
- ATDC have developed a removable lockable post, which can be used in conjunction with the trackless barrier offering a higher level of security when required
- The removable lockable posts on the trackless barrier allow lock up without attaching onto the glass shop front, by locking down onto a laser cut stainless steel plate positioned on the floor
- A specially developed manual handling trolley, which allows a large span trackless barrier to be operated by a single person is also available with the trackless barrier system