Testequip ’s TH-170 portable hardness tester has now been updated with advanced features.
TH-170 portable hardness testers, with integrated Universal D Impact devices, utilise state of the art micro electronic technology and incorporate a hardness impact probe, microprocessor, and data display for use in dark areas.
These portable hardness testers provide optimal reliability for a wide measuring range, and are capable of automatically converting and displaying measurements into Brinell, Rockwell, Leebs, Vickers and Shore hardness values.
Conforming to ASTM A956 standard, TH-170 portable hardness testers cover an extensive range of applications in the industry; supplying the required test results where bench-top hardness testers cannot be used.
Supplied in a pocket sized carrying case, the main features of the TH-170 portable hardness tester include:
- use of regular AAA batteries
- USB interface for data transfer to PC or printer
- automatic identification of impact direction, which reduces measuring errors as a result of wrong settings
- backlight display for use in dark areas
- upper and lower limit setting
- memory of 270 average data in 9 group files
- automatic switch off
- battery capacity display
- software calibration.
- hardness testing of large and heavy objects
- production lines of mass produced components
- materials identification in stores and warehouses
- difficult to access or confined spaces.