Test and Tag Supplies, providers of appliance testing specialist equipment has released a new manual, detailing the methods and best practices in testing and tagging electrical appliances.
‘Best Practices in Testing and Tagging of Electrical Equipment to AS/NZS3760’ provides a detailed guide to the practice of testing tagging and has been written by industry experts, Frank Zahra and Damien Virieux.
Easy to read with detailed explanations:
Released by Best Practice Standards, the book contains over 300 pages of diagrams, detailed explanations, and reference information.
Methods are explained in plain English to provide an easy step-by-step approach. All aspects of testing are covered, from the fundamentals of electricity, to three phase and RCD testing.
Essential reference manual for those testing and tagging:
The book is ideally suited to ‘competent persons’ and those testing and tagging professionally, including service providers and electricians. It’s also an ideal accompaniment to test and tag competency courses.
Subjects covered by this book include:
- The industry, AS/NZS 3760 committee and consumer protection
- Domestic and workplace dangers
- Testing and tagging, frequency, legislation, repairing appliances and Construction and demolition sites
- Fundamentals of electricity
- Visual inspection and electrical testing (including RCD, 3-phase, and current leakage)
- Problem appliances, hints and tips
- Test equipment, software, calibration and safety
- Confirmation and documentation.