Electricity can cause heat as it travels through wiring and, in occasions, when high resistance joints and circuit overloading occurs, heating can become excessive and potentially lead to a hazardous situation where an electrical fire may start.
Test and Tag Safety Services use Electrical Infra-Red Thermal Imaging (Thermography) to perform preventative maintenance to stop this from occurring. The company’s fully qualified electricians can thermally inspect distribution boards to seek out any hotspots before they become a problem.
Surveys of electrical systems can expose faults such as poor connections, overloaded circuits and imbalanced loads which in today's industry it means money in terms of plant downtime, idle workforce and customer service.
Thermography is used as a proactive diagnostic tool, which allows the detection of developing faults, before they cause system failure or worse problems such as an electrical fire. Thermal imaging measures the radiant heat pattern which is emitted from electrical components in systems such as building power distribution or plant equipment.
Some of the benefits of Thermography include:
- Reduce likelihood of blackouts and system failures
- Reduce likelihood of productivity downtime
- Reduce likelihood of electrical fire
- Increase safety of staff, visitors and customers
- Reduce unexpected maintenance costs
- Schedule proactive maintenance, rather than pay additional costs for emergency or unscheduled repairs.