In the face of ever-increasing energy costs, many manufacturers and service providers are utilising Australian made Dimpleflo Modular Heat Exchangers, available from Teralba Industries , to recover energy from any warm or hot product or effluent.
Industries that have hot wastewater, such as laundries, wool scourers, abattoirs, and dye houses, are extracting some of the energy from this effluent through these Dimpleflo Modular Heat Exchangers.
Dimpleflo Modular Heat Exchanger systems are maintenance free, even when hot waste products may in surge chunks, particles or sludge. Hot sludge and wastewater is passed through the inner dimpled surface of the Dimpleflo Modular Heat Exchanger, cooling from 60°c down to 30°c, whilst boiler feed water is preheated in the jacket, from 20°c up to - 50°c.
Dimpleflo Modular Heat Exchangers can be used wherever a hot product or waste is cooled. If this heat has previously been allowed to dissipate to atmosphere, then wash down water used for wash down showers is basically heated for free.
Key features of the Dimpleflo Modular Heat Exchangers include:
- designed and manufactured in Australia
- flexibility in heat transfer design to meet specific dimensional or functional requirements
- unique dimple profiled monotube to enable a self-draining, high efficiency heat exchanger that is virtually unblockable
- dimple profile to promote a highly turbulent flow and thus maximize heat transfer coefficients
- can be constructed using corrosion-resistant alloys such as 2205 Duplex and Titanium
- short lead times
- requires minimal maintenance.