The Australian Business Awards recognise excellence, innovation and ethics across all industry sectors, Australia wide. The awards are conducted annually and are open to any Australian company or organisation, private or public.
The Australian Business Awards are available in a range of categories, each with specific criteria.
An Australian Business Award signifies that a company or product has excelled in its category and is essentially a benchmark in the industry.
“We are very proud to have been recognised with the 2008 Australian Business Award for Best Eco-Friendly Product and Best Product Range”, says Quintus Strydom, National Sales and Marketing Manager at Tennant, “this really highlights Tennant’s focus on providing tailor-made environmentally-preferable solutions to customers through innovative products and services, which help to improve their image, hygiene and safety while saving them time and money”.
Tennant ec-H2O eliminates the need for detergent in Tennant scrubbers. ec-H2O electrically converts plain tap water to perform like a detergent without any added chemicals. ec-H2O works most effectively on non-porous floor surfaces and is most suitable for non-petroleum based soils.
Tennant ec-H20 harnesses the power of water for cleaning hard floor surfaces and is enables the use of the technology on a mobile platform, such as a scrubbing machine.
Tennant ec-H2O achieves the following environmental benefits:
- Water saving: ec-H2O uses 70% less water than conventional scrubbing methods.
- No chemicals: ec-H2O eliminates the need for detergent for the scrubber. This has inherent environmental benefits, where the entire process of producing, packaging, transporting, using and disposing of traditional cleaning chemicals is avoided using Tennant ec-H2O.
- ec-H2O uses only plain tap water so what is left in the recovery tank after scrubbing is only plain water and dirt. 100% of the electrically-converted water reverts to neutral tap water which can be handled and disposed of safely.
- ec-H2O is safe to touch, which means operators are not exposed to potentially harmful chemicals. ec-H20 also offers improved productivity by eliminating the time taken to handle and mix chemicals, operator safety is also improved.
- Increase Floor Safety: ec-H2O is ‘High Traction Certified’ by the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) of U.S.A to reduce the risk of slip-and-fall accidents. ec-H2O does not leave a slippery detergent residue on the floor and because it uses 70% less water, there is less water for the scrubber to recover, resulting in a cleaner, safer floor.
Tennant's products also include ReadySpace, FaST and ec-H2O.