Environmental regulation and rising costs for wastewater discharge makes water recycling an essential investment for many industries.
Tema Engineers offers customised, cost-effective and compact water recycling solutions for businesses that will save money and help the environment.
New environmental legislation has already had a significant impact on charges for water consumption.
These costs are expected to rise by another 30% in the next two years. Local government municipal councils and water authorities are increasing their regulation of waste water discharge. This means heavier penalties for untreated wastewater discharge.
Increases in water usage and discharge costs mean that water is now classified as a production expense, adding to per unit cost for production. Lowering water costs will reduce the production costs, making the business more profitable and competitive.
People can conduct a simple assessment to determine how much money they could save by recycling the wastewater:
Step 1 – Review costs
- A water treatment solution could reduce costs in a number of areas:
- Review the utilities accounts
- Check the level of water usage (kilolitres per month)
- Check the water discharge rates (kilolitres per month)
- Check for the requirement to pay quarterly licence discharge fee
- Check for any specific chemical discharge fees that apply to the wastewater
- Estimate the water authority discharge inspection analysis fees
- Estimate the haulage costs for liquid waste by products
- Calculate the land fill dumping fees
Step 2 – Test the wastewater
- A couple of simple tests will determine the basic water treatment needs:
- The rise rate settlement test will assess how readily the suspended solids will separate from the wastewater
- Laboratory analysis showing the chemical content, pH and suspended solids of wastewater can usually be provided by the water authority
Armed with this information, engineers in Tema Engineers can assess the benefits of an inhouse waste treatment solution for a business. A further site inspection will provide with a complete cost saving water treatment proposal.
Tema Engineers can save customers even more money by advising them on government grants or schemes available for water conservation and recycling. Tema Engineers can also help in finding a finance partner for capital investment in the water recycling project.