Tema Engineers offer a range of vibratory centrifuges for coarse coal, from the HSG1000 to the large HSG1500/S centrifuge with up to a 500 tonne/hour capacity. As well, TEMA have developed a new centrifuge – the Gen2 vibratory which incorporates a number of new features. The vibratory centrifuge is typically used for coarse coal or middlings and allows for a high solids throughput. Transport of the solids over the conical screen basket is achieved because of the relationship between the basket angle and the axial vibration of the basket.
TEMA HSG and Gen2 centrifuges are designed with a two mass operating principle. The screen basket, shaft and bearing housing form the small mass of the vibration system which is coupled via elastic mounts to the large mass, mainly consisting of a cross member and the product housing. The vibrations are generated by rotating off-centre weights in a resonance range lower than the natural vibration of the elastic mounts.
Benefits of using vibratory centrifuges for coarse coal include:
- Siebtechnik vibration system to reduce blockages – over many years this vibration system has proved its reliability.
- Quicker and safer basket replacement – hinged front door and feed pipe simplifies and speeds up this regular maintenance procedure. (Gen2 models only)
- Faster oil changes – The oil reservoir, oil pump and motor have been positioned to provide easy access for maintenance.
- Long Life, Reliable Operation – Wear linings have been optimised to ensure maximum life under the most arduous conditions.
- Small footprint – For ease of design and improved layout within a CHPP.