Tekdis announces the launch of NEXCOM’s mini ARM-based power-efficient vehicle terminal VTC 100, which can run telematics applications on eight watts of power and boot in 10 seconds.
Featuring low power ARM Cortex-A8 processor, pre-installed operating system, various wireless and CAN bus communications and smart power management, the VTC 100 vehicle terminal can step up mobility and assists with driver hours of service (HOS) compliance for a variety of dispatch services including taxi, truck, airport shuttle and ambulance.
With a choice of off-the-shelf application software, the VTC 100 can carry out asset tracking, vehicle navigation, task dispatching, and driver recordkeeping with ultra low power consumption. Thanks to robust hardware and software integration, the unit can boot fast and keep the fleet ready to mobilise in a fast-paced environment.
Key features of NEXCOM’s VTC 100 vehicle terminals:
- Based on TI AM3352 ARM Cortex-A8 processor
- Pre-installed with Windows Embedded Compact 7 or embedded Linux operating system
- Offers GPS tracking and navigation along with support for dead reckoning
- Adopts SAE J1939/ J1708 CAN bus protocols to vehicle data acquisition
- Allows for data exchange over Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and 3G
- 4GB microSDHC Class 10 memory card allows for high speed read/ write and expansion up to 16GB
- BT, WLAN, WWAN and GPS modules
- Supports a wide range of power inputs from 9~36V and smart power management
- Works in conjunction with both 12V and 24V electronics systems
- Ensures reliable operation in severe conditions including -20°C to 70°C temperature range and vibration and shock according to MIL-STD-810G standards
- Compact and fanless design, measuring 45mm x 180mm x 110mm (H x W x D)