The EX1200-1538 multifunction I/O card from VTI Instruments Corporation has won the NASA Tech Briefs’ 2011 Product of the Year Award.
The EX1200-1538 multifunction I/O cards offer enhanced frequency, counter and DAC capabilities.
NASA Tech Briefs' Readers' Choice Product of the Year Awards recognise products with the highest technical merit and practical value to the magazine's design engineering audience.
The EX1200-1538 multifunction I/O card is the latest addition to the award-winning EX1200 switch, measure and I/O product family.
The EX1200-1538 multifunction I/O cards are suitable for addressing highly demanding electronic functional test and data acquisition applications including precision frequency and counter/timer measurements in ATE systems, motion or position measurements from rotating shafts, and monitoring the speed of motors or turbines.
Tom Sarfi, VTI’s VP of Business Development and Marketing attributes the achievement to their sustained commitment to product quality and innovation focused on customer needs. He adds that VTI’s approach to tightly integrated data acquisition packages reduces system costs, improves performance, and simplifies programming and integration.
Key features of EX1200-1538 multifunction I/O cards:
- Delivers 8 channels of independent 1 MHz frequency/ 32-bit counter inputs, 16 channels of isolated digital I/O and 2 channels of isolated analogue output (DAC)
- Unmatched time and frequency domain measurement accuracy obtained with VTI's refined electronic counter implementation
- Ability to directly measure frequency, totalise counts, RPM, and quadrature input signals
- Isolated digital I/O and DAC output channels protect against high common mode and transient voltages
- Offers the flexibility to directly measure and control a wide range of industrial systems for relay actuation, speed control and simulation
- Suitable for high-reliability ATE and distributed DAQ applications with advanced timing and synchronisation
- Embedded web interface provides virtual monitoring and control of all signal switching and instrumentation without 3rd party software