Tektronix, Inc., a world-leading manufacturer of oscilloscopes introduces four new DPO/DSA70000D Series oscilloscope models with real time sampling rates up to 100 GS/s on two channels and 33 GHz analogue bandwidth on four channels.
Tektronix’s new products include oscilloscopes in 25 and 33 GHz bandwidths that provide high levels of measurement accuracy suitable for fast electrical signals across multiple channels.
The new oscilloscopes incorporate lightning-fast technology using IBM’s 8HP silicon germanium (SiGe) chipset along with high-speed bipolar transistors integrated directly on the same die as standard CMOS, enabling the oscilloscopes to deliver fast rise time on multiple channels.
Such high-sensitivity, low noise measurement capabilities are required for accurate characterization of high speed optical, RF and serial data measurements beyond 20 Gb/s data rates.
According to Roy Siegel, general manager, Oscilloscopes, Tektronix, their real time oscilloscopes combine industry-leading signal integrity and timing precision to give their customers the breakthrough test and measurement instrumentation they need to complete their cutting-edge designs accurately and with greater confidence.
New features in the Tektronix DPO/DSA70000D performance oscilloscopes:
- Industry-leading real time sample rate performance of 100GS/s on two channels and 50GS/s on 4 channels, both at 33GHz bandwidth ensures high speed and accuracy
- New SiGe 33 GHz preamp and track & hold features give design and validation engineers clear system visibility for debug and verification applications
- 33 GHz bandwidth on 4 channels with 10 terasamples equivalent time sampling brings unmatched signal visibility for design and manufacturing applications
- Industry-leading rise time performance for accurate characterization of sub 20 picosecond rise time signals
- Superior input sensitivity at 62.5mV full scale (6.25mV/div) for better visibility of low amplitude signalling common in LVDS-based standards
- Fast time to answer with quicker access to data, measurement analysis including 8b/10b serial decode, fast waveform data transfer within the instrument and new custom region-based qualification using Visual Trigger capability
- DPOJET Jitter & Timing Analysis toolset updated to support jitter separation of Bounded Uncorrelated Jitter (BUJ)
- DataStore advanced data processing pathway offered for use with third-party software
- Users can insert waveform data processing algorithms directly into the scope’s application and display system using third-party tools such as MATLAB or Microsoft.NET languages
- Dramatic productivity improvements over a broad range of applications such as de-embedding or invoking custom filter functions
- Up to 33 GHz bandpass support provided through its seamless TekConnect channel interface for signal access, enabling the use of Tektronix 2.92mm adaptors and high-performance probes to provide a flexible and reliable connection to the Device Under Test (DUT)
- Provides the 4-channel accuracy required for PM-QPSK modulation analysis
- Works with the Coherent Lightwave Signal Analyzer from Optametra for visualization and measurement of optical PM-QPSK or QAM16 and other complex-modulated signals