TekMark Australia introduces a new range of electrical safety testers recently launched by GWInstek.
Offering high durability and featuring a multiple user-protection design, the new GPT-9800 Series of AC/DC/IR/GB electrical safety testers meets several safety standards including IEC, EN, UL, CSA, GB and JIS in addition to various safety-related requirements for safety testing of electronic products and components.
The GPT-9800 Series consists of four electrical safety testers including the GPT-9804, GPT-9803, GPT-9802 and GPT-9801 designed for various applications.
- GPT-9804 is a 4-in-1 tester capable of performing AC withstanding, DC withstanding, insulation resistance and ground bond tests
- GPT-9803 is a 3-in-1 tester capable of performing AC withstanding, DC withstanding as well as insulation resistance tests
- GPT-9802 is capable of performing both AC and DC withstanding tests
- GPT-9801 can perform AC withstanding test
The GPT-9800 Series safety testers are built upon a high-efficiency PWM amplifier platform with AC 200VA maximum output capacity to impede the influence from the voltage fluctuation of the input AC source, ensuring a stable voltage supply for all the tests.
The GPT-9800 Series electrical safety testers find application in the production and compliance testing of electrical products including power cords, house appliances, information technology equipment and medical equipment.
Safety features in the GPT-9800 series:
- Self-check ensures all the functions and operations are under normal condition when the tester is turned on
- Zero Crossing Turn-On design imposes the output voltage to always begin at the zero crossing of a sine wave to avoid the impact of surge voltage output
- Output voltage is automatically cut off (within 150μs) when abnormal output voltages are detected or when upper or lower current limits are reached during testing
- Automatically discharges the DUT after test (within 200ms) each time to eliminate excessive voltage, protecting the operator from hazardous injury
- Interlock key can be used as double protection to prevent inadvertent operation
Key features of the GPT-9800 Series electrical safety testers:
- Simple and clear panel layout, high resolution dot matrix LCD display and colour LED indicators enable easy interpretation of measurement results
- All major test functions performed under a high-stability voltage output with high-resolution measurement results
- Fully adjustable test duration, ramp up time and upper/lower limits of output voltage to accommodate multiple safety tests
- Open circuit detection for ground bond testing to get assured correct measurement
- 100 sets of memory to save panel settings, which can be recalled for single tests individually or for automatic tests in sequence
- Remote output on-off terminal in the front panel and a signal I/O port in the rear panel for remote start/stop control
- RS-232C, USB and GPIB (optional) interfaces available for PC remote control and test result logging