TekMark Australia announces the introduction of Tektronix’s new mixed signal oscilloscope platform, the MSO/DPO5000 Series along with revolutionary new TPP1000 and TPP0500 high-bandwidth and low capacitance passive voltage probes with breakthrough performance.
Tektronix is the world's leading manufacturer of oscilloscopes. TekMark Australia is a leading supplier of electronics test and measurement as well as monitoring solutions.
The new mixed signal oscilloscope platform is a significant expansion of Tektronix’s oscilloscope offerings.
Taken together, the new instruments and probes give embedded systems design engineers unmatched performance and analysis tools for complex component and system-level debug and validation tasks, all at highly competitive price points.
Oscilloscope models ranging from 350 MHz to 2 GHz are used to develop products for a broad range of industries and applications.
Tektronix’s latest products are closely aligned with the evolving needs of design engineers involved in the development of highly intelligent consumer and industrial products incorporating advanced embedded electronics.
Roy Siegel, general manager, Mid-range Oscilloscopes, Tektronix says their new oscilloscope platform offer engineers the analysis functionality and performance they need for many applications in one instrument at a low breakthrough price point.
New Oscilloscope Platform: More Performance and Analysis at Breakthrough Price
The new MSO/DPO5000 Series incorporates many of the popular features from Tektronix’s leading performance oscilloscopes, making them available at an affordable price.
Key features of the new MSO/DPO5000 Series oscilloscope platform:
- FastAcq with a >250,000 wfm/s maximum waveform capture rate to discover elusive problems
- FastFrame segmented memory acquisition and long record length to capture long time periods at high resolution
- Extensive built-in tools for in-depth analysis of complex designs
- Windows-based user interface for easy networking and intuitive operation
- Eight models ranging from 350 MHz of analogue bandwidth and 5 GS/s sample rates to 2 GHz and 10 GS/s for higher-end applications
- Record length ranges from 12.5M up to 250M for in-depth analysis and debug
- Each model has 4 analogue channels with MSO models also offering 16 digital channels, built-in parallel bus trigger and decode functionality
- DPO models are field upgradeable to MSO models
- All 16 digital channels of the MSO5000 Series are fully integrated into the oscilloscope to help troubleshoot system-level interactions in complex embedded systems
- MagniVu ultra high resolution acquisition mode acquires up to 10,000 points at up to 16.5 GS/s
- Optional analysis support for jitter and eye pattern analysis, limit and mask testing, serial compliance tests, power measurements as well as DDR memory increase instrument versatility
- Portable package enhances flexibility of use anywhere from the bench to the factory floor
Critical tools incorporated for every stage of debug:
- DPX technology with FastAcq enables engineers to quickly see problems in their signal with fast acquisition rates up to 2 GHz, using over 350 trigger combinations to capture that event the first time
- Extensive triggers for serial and parallel bus content enable fast validation of bus operation and make it possible for engineers to quickly track down system-level problems in embedded systems
- Built-in Wave Inspector search capability can automatically look through an entire acquisition of up to 250M points to find user-specified events and mark every occurrence for fast navigation to problem areas
- Over 50 automated measurements, plus advanced waveform math, histograms, statistics and various built-in analysis tools available to analyse signal and determine root cause of problems or validate design operation
Revolutionary High-Speed Passive Probes Minimise Capacitive Loading
TPP1000 and TPP0500 passive voltage probes are designed to deliver the benefits of passive probes including high input dynamic range, robust mechanical design and lower cost with performance similar to an active probe.
Key features of the passive voltage probes:
- High-impedance probes limit the effect on circuits with capacitive loading of just 3.9 pF at the probe tip
- TPP1000 passive probes also deliver 1 GHz of bandwidth
- At twice the bandwidth and half the capacitive loading compared to competitive passive probes, TPP Series probes deliver more accurate signal capture
- Included standard with MSO/DPO5000 and MSO/DPO4000B Series models of oscilloscope platforms
New Enhancements to MSO/DPO4000 Series includes Ethernet Bus Analysis
Tektronix is also introducing significant enhancements to the popular MSO/DPO4000 Series with the new B Series providing even more performance at the same price point.
The MSO/DPO4000B Series now offers twice the standard record length to capture more time with more resolution and improved digital acquisition specifications to address higher voltage applications, faster signals and low-power circuits.
Available in six models ranging from 350 MHz and 2.5 GS/s to 1 GHz and 5 GS/s along with standard 20M record lengths, the B Series is suitable for low-speed and mid-speed serial debug applications.
Additionally, the enhanced MSO/DPO4000B Series supports Ethernet (10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX) and MIL-STD-1553 buses along with the added analysis capability of Limit and Mask Testing, becoming one of the earliest oscilloscope-based trigger, decode and search solution for Ethernet buses.