Tecpro Australia showcased the Italian-designed ELEFANTE Fog Maker at the recently-concluded AIMEX show.
Making its Australian debut at the Australian International Mining Exhibition (AIMEX), the ELEFANTE Fog Maker was part of a specialist range of dust suppression solutions displayed at the Tecpro Australia stand.
According to Graeme Cooper, Managing Director of Tecpro Australia, the ELEFANTE was operated a couple of times each day during the exhibition, blowing a large plume of fine mist, which not only attracted visitors to their stand but also created a welcome cooling effect during the hot weather.
Two representatives from the manufacturer, Idrotech were on hand to answer technical questions about the fog machine as well as about Idrotech’s complete range of specialist dust suppression nozzles.
For instance, stockpile dust suppression applications require nozzles that will have a slight wetting effect while nozzles for building interiors produce fine droplets to eliminate residual wetting.
ELEFANTE Fog Maker is also available in a smaller version, the GIRAFFA Fog Maker.
Key features of ELEFANTE fog makers:
- Capable of spraying an ultra-fine mist up to 60 metres, propelled by a powerful fan mounted by three concentric nozzle rings
- Ideal for use in suppressing dust over large areas and around stockpiles
- Easy-to-use control panel or optional remote control
- Can be easily set to automatically traverse backwards and forwards through a rotation angle of up to 340º
- Elevation angle can also be readily adjusted from -20º to +45º
- Extremely tiny water droplets that evaporate quickly eliminate problems associated with water pooling or runoff
- Highly flexible dust suppression solution
- Both models are available in low pressure (10 Bar) or high pressure (50 Bar) versions
- Range of nozzle sizes produces fine droplets sized to best suit a particular dust suppression situation
Tecpro also showcased a unique fan at AIMEX that was fitted with fogging nozzles to create a 360º horizontal plane of dry fog.
Mounted on Idrotech’s Mist Fan 360, the nozzles can reduce ambient temperature by around 9-10ºC, depending upon the temperature and humidity levels.
Equally effective indoors or outdoors for evaporative cooling applications in a variety of settings, the equipment works most effectively in a temperature setting between 26ºC and 45ºC, and relative humidity of 40–80%.