Techs4Biz Australia announces a new mobile device-based field inspection software designed to automate pre-start checks for heavy vehicles.
By providing information that already exists on paper forms, the mobile device automates pre-start checks for vehicles and replaces paper records.
Mobile device applications specifically designed for pre-start checks should deliver functionalities such as:
- List all information required by the operator to perform their tasks
- Allow the inspector/operator to enter as much information as needed
- Allow the inspector to take photos of deficiencies and edit/annotate the photo on the device
- Ability to record audio notes (speech to text)
- Enable the operator to record recommendations using drop down lists and pre-set text
All keystrokes on the mobile device pre start application can have a date and time stamp for audit trail purposes.
Key benefits of paperless pre start application:
- Eliminates paperwork from the pre start process
- Minimises possibility of human error
- No double entry of data
- Standardises activities
- No need for labour-intensive filing procedures
- Comprehensive audit trail for each item of the pre start check
- Simplifies scheduling and completion of corrective action
- Comprehensive inspection reports can be created in real time
- Improves efficiencies of the operator
- Simplifies repeatable tasks and provides staff with easy solution
- Vast amount of information available on the device to assist the inspector/operator
- Pre-defined text and pick lists available to make common tasks more efficient