A non-profit, member based organisation, TIA represents companies and individuals from all aspects of the technology industry, from electronics and IT, to telecommunications and digital technology.
This industry, the Association notes, had an estimated turnover in 2010 of $9 billion, and is forecast to reach $10 billion in 2011. It employs around 30,000 people in 1,200 companies.
For this reason, TIA is committed to fostering the growth of the industry, and has a mandate to ensure it lobbies government, other industry bodies and institutions to push this agenda.
Facilitating a thriving technology industry, both domestically and internationally, then, is of prime concern to TIA. The Association notes that the activities of the technology industry have a flow on impact to the economic prosperity of South Australia in terms of employment, future growth and social well being, so that in a sense the wider community stands to benefit greatly from a flourishing home grown tech industry.
Members of TIA are provided with a range of benefits, which include:
- information on technologies, developments and opportunities
- weekly business opportunities
- global exposure via member profiles on the TIA website
- Excellence Awards and an annual gala dinner
- the ability to vote for a board of Directors
- networking with other members in an 'ideas' environment to leverage capability and capacity
- a communication channel within the industry, the State, the Nation and the global market; and
- export and defence project facilitation.