The Tan Delta TD60 is a high voltage measuring system and enables the cable test engineer to detect insulation defects before the cables fail in service.
The Tan Delta TD60 high voltage measuring system is directly connected to the H.V. Diagnostics and HVA series of VLF test systems.
The HVA series is capable of finding weak cables by the variable frequency VLF output and allows users to select dual polarity DC and cable jacket, or sheath testing outputs modes. Along with the Tan Delta TD60 high voltage measuring system, the HVA series can test cables thoroughly.
The Tan Delta TD60 high voltage measuring systems have the following features:
- Maximum voltage of 44kVrms
- True sine wave low frequency output
- Capable of testing 1µF (approx.10, 000 ft/ 3000m of cable) at 0.1Hz and 60kV peak
- Fully automatic or manual cable test sequences
- Complies with International Standards/Guides such as IEEE 400.2, VDE 0296 and CENELEC
- Automatic report writer
- Wireless connection
- Supplied with batteries, 10 metre cable and complete operating software
TechRentals 2009 equipment solutions guide is also available from TR.