Fluke 1630 earth ground clamp meter available from TechRentals is the ideal field companion for testing lightning protection systems or for current leakage.
Uses of earth clamp meters:
Earth clamp meters are used to check power cables running from the ground to a building. Earth clamp meters check the integrity of the earthing system and lightning protection, also measuring the level of current leakage.
When testing for lightning protection a safe reading is 1Ω which means the ground will absorb all of the lightning’s electricity.
The higher the reading the more likely there will be harm caused to the building, or equipment and people inside it.
Current leakages over time are quite common in many standard items such as fridges, PC’s and air conditioning. Use of a tool such as an earth clamp meter is pivotal in predicting the critical levels of these.
Fluke 1630 earth ground clamp meter:
The 1630 model is convenient and easy to use in small places and harsh environments and now has the capability to perform loop testing and continuity testing without breaking the circuit and disrupting the electricity flow to the building.
Using the Stakeless testing method, the 1630 eliminates the need to disconnect parallel ground rods and find suitable locations for placing auxiliary ground stakes. This saves time and also enables users to perform earth ground loop tests in locations where it is not possible to use other techniques, including inside buildings or on power pylons.
- Wide ground loop resistance range, from 0.025 Ω to1500 Ω,
- Wide ac current measurement range from 0.2 A to 30 - one instrument for multiple applications
- Handy display hold button for capturing readings in hard-to-reach places
- Time saving memory function automatically records and stores measured values
- Automatic self calibration ensures correct measurement every time
- Overload protection
- Industrial and utility electricians
- Field service electricians and contractors
- Portable appliance testing