Tanktel ’s field equipment includes the compact and cost effective 4 tank Kingfisher LP-2 model, the NEW IP-5 IP based 5 channel RTU or the more expandable Kingfisher Series II unit which supports up to 8 tanks as standard, and is expandable to 24 tanks or more.
The on-site installation of Tanktel’s telemetry units can be easily performed by an instrument electrician with no specialised knowledge.
All RTU models offer the following:
- Direct connect, Phone (PSTN) or GSM/NEXTG or Wireless Internet communications. Capacity for 4 inputs (LP-1) 5 Inputs (IP-5) or 8 inputs (Series II), expandable to 24. 4-20mA inputs
- Self contained in IP-65 enclosure (for indoor or outdoor mounting).
- Input accuracy better then .2%
- Fully isolated inputs available for Series II (with optional AI-10 input card).
- Optional Full battery backup. can run for days without mains power.
- Power, temperature and transmit status monitoring.
- Operate on a polled or exception reporting basis.
- Multiple alarm points, including rate of change alarms.
- Can dial out to pager and SMS services on alarm.
- Extended I/O for control functions available.
- Handles standard (level) or pressurised (including pressure & temperature) tanks. Also suitable for Flow.
- Larger tank farms can also be catered for on a customised basis.