Leading heavy engineering and metal fabrication company, TW Woods Constructions has expanded its capabilities in the oil and gas, resources and infrastructure construction markets through major technology investment and skilling initiatives.
TW Woods’ focus on self-reliance through in-house expertise and advanced technology has helped the company achieve tight deadlines and specifications required on resources and infrastructure projects.
According to TW Woods Managing Director Mr Tom Woods, thanks to its expertise, competitive edge and on-time quality reliability against the world’s best, the company is able to meet the competition in Australia as well as export to demanding markets such as Canada and China.
While continuing to employ apprentices and constantly upskill its staff over more than 20 years, TW Woods has also invested millions of dollars in technology including a new plate processing facility to help handle the challenging tasks often involved in tank, silo, chute, flange, pipeline, pressure vessel and other materials handling and metal fabrication tasks for sub-sea, offshore and onshore markets.
A 1000-ton brake press has expanded the company’s ability to handle some of the largest metal forming tasks required by Australian industry. The brake press can press form steel plates up to 60mm thick, making it suitable for major fabrication tasks required by industries such as construction and resources, civil engineering, mineral processing, energy, oil and gas, infrastructure and water and wastewater.
TW Woods’ 4500m² Tomago facility is equipped to press plates up to 6000mm long, routinely producing designs or producing products in stainless steel, mild steel, quenched and tempered metal, aluminium, wear plates, carbon steel and specialist material to client specification.
Using computer controlled plasma equipment, the facility provides complete or part rolling and fabrication of:
- Square to round, elliptical, conical, T-pieces and all transitions
- Tanks, silos and pressure vessels
- Chutes or chute liners
- Hoppers or hopper liners
- Pipes from 150mm upwards
- Expansion bellows
- Bins or bin liners
- Conical section bin bottoms
- 300 amp CAD-CAM profile plasma cutting bed capable of cutting 13m X 3.5m plates up to 60mm thick with plasma, and more than 150mm with oxy
- 1600 amp stud welding machine
- Plate handling and processing facility serviced by a 10-tonne overhead gantry crane
- 800m² paint and blasting facility incorporating a sand blast chamber with 10m high ceiling to handle processed plate finishing jobs
- State-of-the-art 720m² industrial paint shop with 12m entry door to handle major projects