SAFETY remains very important throughout the mining industry in Australia and comfortable footwear can play a big part in reducing fatigue and improving safety over long working periods.
Bata Industrials and TSI Queensland (Tropical safety and Identification) have been working in conjunction with safety officers and mining personnel in the Hunter Valley region to develop a waterproof leather boot for the mining industry that is both tough and comfortable, to complement their existing Jobmaster PVC gumboot range.
TSI says it expects the Mine Master Mining Boot to have a big impact in the Mackay region mines as well.
Features of the Mine Master Mining Boot include:
* Water resistant, breathable full grain leather upper
* Water proof, breathable fabric lining
* Full bellows tongue
* Padded collar
* Lace up ankle support
* Anti-scuff TPU toe and heel
* Rubber abrasion resistant out sole
* Soft polyurethane midsole
* Steel toe cap
* Self clean tread pattern
* Poron comfort insole
* Extra latex liner under steel toe caps
* Penetration resistant steel midsole
* Australian Standards Approval As/NZ 2210.3
* Lightweight construction.
The boot exceeds all wearer expectations for comfort, weight and durability
Following the enthusiastic response and outstanding results achieved from wear tests and trials, Mine Master is set for general release in early 2006.
Tough enough to conquer all terrains, Mine Master goes a step further in providing the mining industry with new levels of comfort and support in a mining boot.