EPSON, represented by TE Australia , has developed a new USB On-The-Go (OTG) controller with an integrated power function for VBUS control.
Named the S1R72015, this powerful and compact new chip is intended for use in a variety of mobile information equipment.
The S1R72015 is based on the S1R72005, which is currently in production. The new OTG controller has been scaled down even further by integrating peripheral circuitry, making it ideal for mobile devices.
The integrated power supply controller function supplies the power line (VBUS) with 5V, as required for host devices by the USB standard.
* Compliant with On-The-Go, Version 1 standard (a supplement to the USB 2.0 specification).
Integrates the host, peripheral and On-The-Go functions into a single chip.
* Complete single package, with integrated power function for VBUS control. Contains a VBUS generating boosting regulator. Supplies and controls VBUS power in compliance with the On-The-Go standard.
* Supports endpoint 0 and 5 general endpoints.
* CPU burden reduced through firmware support via hardware (technology inherited from S1R72005).
* Accommodates 12MHz crystal oscillator (with built-in oscillation circuit) and 12/27/48MHz crytal oscillator inputs.
* Ultra-miniature PFBGA 96-pin package (6 mm x 6 mm x 1.2 mm).
* Low power consumption (operating: 70mW, suspended: 0.1mW).
* Operates on single 3.3V power supply.
The S1R72015 supports new applications for mobile devices, picture and data transfer to mass storage devices or printers, call signal with melodies and address book data transfer, business card scanner data transfer to mobile phone, etc.