Switches Plus Components presents a new range of non-metallic enclosures from Stahlin, a world-leading manufacturer of fibreglass enclosures.
FATBOY Double Deep J Series enclosures by Stahlin feature a unique clam shell appearance with rugged durability to ensure a practical solution for many ‘extra space’ application requirements without adding height or weight.
Suitable for both indoor and outdoor environments, providing nearly equal space capacity in both cover and base, FATBOY enclosures are ideal for use in petrochemical plants, water treatment facilities, battery containment and food and beverage.
All enclosures in the FATBOY series feature stainless steel latches and hinges, urethane gasketing for a reliable seal, back panel mounts in the cover and base as well as an integral mounting flange.
FATBOY Double Deep J Series enclosures are made from SolarGuard, a patent pending fibreglass material that ensures superior UV resistance while providing 32-60% improvement in retaining colour and gloss after repeated UV exposure.
Key features of FATBOY Double Deep J Series enclosures:
- 11 standard sizes from 6x4x8 up to 20x16x17 in 21 configurations in opaque and bonded window options
- UL/CSA rated to Type 12, 3R, and 4X as well as IEC 60529 IP66 for durable protection against extreme environmental conditions
- Competitively priced compared to carbon steel enclosures, and up to 70% cheaper than stainless steel enclosures with equivalent depth
- Saves time and tooling when modifications such as holes, cut-outs and vents are required
- Lightweight and durable design with one-piece construction
- Customised through Stahlin's ModRight program to accommodate custom windows, colour, cut-outs, holes and silk screening