The AL19 Retro audio level analogue panel meters of Sifam Instruments are available from Switches Plus Components . These meters offer performance to meet the specific audio market requirement for both quality and distinctive ‘retro’ styling at an affordable price. This is a low range ac voltmeter that offers a performance close to that of a full specification vu meter.
The features of these audio level meters include:
- Distinctive ‘retro’ styling with contemporary construction
- High performance at affordable price
- Internal LED illumination option
- Suitable for 1U rack mounted applications
- RoHS compliant
- Front of the panel mounted with full bezel
- Constructed with transparent acrylic front and high impact rear body moulding and bezel moulded in black ABSl
- Taut band core magnet movement incorporated as standard
Pointers and dials- The combination of ‘pear’ shaped pointer and conventional arc scale on metal buff coloured dial results in an easily read meter even when monitoring a row on a large console. A white dial can be specified if required. The standard scale is based on the vu ‘A’ scale and the ‘B’ scale with the ‘percent’ reading at the top can also be supplied.
Various other features include:
- Zero adjuster - Positioned on the rear as standard
- Operating Temperature - 25 oC to +55 oC
- Illumination - Internal LED illumination 6, 12 or 24 volt
- Terminals - 6mm tabs are supplied as standard but threaded studs or flying leads are also available
A low range ac voltmeter suitable for connecting across a 600 ohm line and self contained except for requiring an external 3.6k ohm resistor.
Calibrated for use with a 3.6k ohm resistor 4vu above the scale marking so that the reference deflection (0vu) is produced by a signal 4vu above 1m W in 600 ohms (1.228V).
The performance of the meter is based upon the requirements of BS 6840: Part 17:1991, IEC 268 – 17 1990.
The dynamic characteristics quoted require the response time to 99% of reference deflection (0vu) to be 0.3 seconds +/- 100% with an overswing of at least 1.0%.
The overswing, because damping is not so tightly controlled but allowed to spread within normal design restraints, can vary between deadbeat to 5%. To specify the dynamic characteristics in terms of time to 99% of 0vu under such circumstances would give an unrepresentative measure of the speed of response.
For this reason the time to reach –3vu with a steady reading of reference deflection (0vu) has been taken as a more realistic measure.
This meter can also be used for industrial applications with electrical input and custom scales.