New Japan Radio Co., Ltd. has released the NJM2835, 20V maximum input voltage Io=500mA low dropout voltage regulator, ideal for power sources of office appliances and a range of A/V equipment, such as DSC, DVC, and TV.
The NJM2835 is a 500mA output low dropout voltage regulator featuring ceramic capacitor compatibility, high precision output (±1%), high ripple rejection ratio, low noise, and maximum input voltage of 20V.
With its wide output voltage coverage of 2.1V~15.5V (0.1 step) and 500mA output current, the NJM2835 can be applied to the power sources of CDDs (12V system), A/V equipment (8~9V system), motors (12V system).
Since it is a low dropout voltage regulator, the NJM2835 significantly reduces the power loss that occurs with conventional 3-channel regulators triggered by differences in electric potential between input and output, thereby reducing wasteful power consumption of electronic equipment.
The small-size 2.2µF ceramic capacitor compatibility and built-in bypass capacitor contribute to downsizing of the mounting board.
The NJM2835 is ideal for applications that are incompatible with the conventional model, NJM2830 (20V maximum input voltage Io=300mA), because of its low output current.
Compared with our conventional models (low dropout voltage regulator with output current under 5V), the NJM2835 features:
- Higher maximum input voltage 20V (Operating voltage: ~18)
- Wider output current range 2.1V~15.5V (0.1V step)
The above features make the NJM2835 suitable for a wide range of uses, such as the power source of DSC/DVC/DVD, diverse A/V equipment, and office appliances.
Features and characteristics
- Maximum input voltage: 20V (Operation Voltage: ~18V)
- Output voltage range: 2.1V~15.5V(0.1V step)
- Output current: 500mA max.
- Small-size 2.2µF Ceramic Capacitor Compatible
- Built-in noise bypass capacitor
- High ripple rejection ratio: 75dB typ. @1kHz
- Low noise: 45uVrms typ.
- High-precision output voltage: ±1.0%
- Bipolar technology
- Packaging: TO-252-3 (8.54x6.54x2.38mm)
NJM2835 is available from Switches Plus Components.