LIN Engineering, represented by Switches Plus Components , has introduced a new product designed to allow for rapid implementation of stepper motors requiring automation.
The Simple Step 17 is an integrated step motor and controller solution. It can be set to execute a preset string of commands upon power up.
Commands include nested loops and execution halt pending a switch closure. Up to sixteen step motors can be linked and up to sixteen programs can be stored. The Simple Step is also capable of stand alone operation with no connection to a PC.
There is a fully integrated controller incorporated to the back of the stepper motor. Commands can be issued from any serial terminal program (such as HyperTerminal) or from the Simple Step Windows application. The commands are intuitive and simple.
Some of the fully programmable features include but are not limited to:
* Stand alone operation with no connection to a PC.
* Automatic execution of stored commands upon power up.
* Daisy chain up to 16 units of Simple Step 17.
* Fully programmable ramps and speeds.
* Up to 256 micro stepping resolution.
* Bipolar control; two digital I/O and two fixed input channels.
* Up to 85 oz-in torque.
Technical specifications as well as downloadable Simple Step commands, quick reference guides, a windows application example and a Simple Step manual, are available at www.linengineering.com.