Switches Plus Components presents a new range of die-cast enclosures from Hammond Electronics designed for strength and reliability.
Hammond Electronics has introduced the 1590TRP and STP models to its popular 1590 family of die-cast enclosures. The die-cast enclosures are designed to provide a strong and robust environmentally sealed housing with good EMC screening in a non-rectangular shape.
The new octagonal and trapezoidal die-cast enclosures find application in audio equipment, guitar stomp boxes, industrial remote controllers, desktop switch arrays and handheld test equipment controllers among others.
The octagonal 1590TRP is 133mm across the flats and 39mm high to house circular PCBs up to 126mm in diameter.
The two 1590STP trapezoidal units are also 39mm high and available in portrait or landscape formats. The smaller portrait format unit is 112mm long, narrowing from 79mm to 62mm while the larger landscape format unit is 95mm deep and narrows from 151mm to 122mm.
Key features of Hammond die-cast enclosures:
- Rugged, die-cast aluminium alloy electronic instrument enclosure
- Available in natural finish or smooth gloss polyester powder paint
- Painted finish does not chip after machining and provides a good surface for labels and silk screening
- Painted colours include Black, Cobalt Blue, Green, Light Grey, Orange and Red
- Painted finish only applied to external surfaces to maintain RFI integrity
- Unpainted version is vibra finished for a smooth surface with no sharp edges
- Lap joint seals the units to IP54, protecting against dust and water ingress
- Four 6-32 x 1/2” machine screws secure lid into factory tapped holes
- Low side wall draft angle (2 degrees or less) for easy PCB mounting
- Can be supplied factory modified with machining and silk screening to user’s specification