Sutton Tools DH drills are manufactured with optimised geometry, material and coating for high quality drilling from 3 to 12x diameter in depth on small to medium batch sizes.
Featuring a parabolic flute style that enables a larger core diameter and more flute space over the standard flute design, Sutton DH drill series enables drilling with heavier feed and less pecking.
The 40-degree helix angle with rake correction provides a very strong cutting edge and excellent chip evacuation for a wide range of materials. The U-point geometry creates a constant rake angle along the entire cutting edge width, resulting in controlled chip breakage and centring.
Sutton DH drills are coated with TiAlN, which has a nano-layered structure engineered to provide an optimum balance between hardness and internal stress.
Key features of Sutton DH drills:
- Made from Cobalt grade high speed steel with excellent cutting properties, high-red hardness and good toughness
- Delivers performance in a wide range of materials particularly steels to a hardness of 1200 N/mm²
- TiAlN (Futura Nano) coating suitable for applications with high thermal load; delivers long tool life
- 130-degree profile web thinned U-point geometry ensures high strength
- Fast 40-degree helix angle
- Parabolic flute design for optimal chip transportation
- Controlled centring and chip breakage
- Increased stability
- Fast chip evacuation
- Less pecking required
- Improved heat dissipation