The winners of the first round of forklift heats have been announced today for the Supply Chain and Logistics Association of Australia (SCLAA) National Forklift Championships.
The SCLAA National Forklift Championships have been designed to recognise the importance of forklift operation and operators in the supply chain and logistics industry.
The SCLAA congratulate the following winners of the first round of heats.
- First - Craig Rickards: Woolworths
- Second - Jack Epifaniou: CSL Bioplasma
- Thrid - Shane Read: McCain Foods (Aust)
- Male Winner: Jason Fitzgerald of Sealy Australia
- Female Winner: Katie Burrow of DHL
New South Wales:
- Male Winner: Michael Eden, Toll Refrigerated
- Female Winner: Pamela Cifuentes, Simons Warehousing
Participants can register for the next round of heats. Heat 2 (Counterbalanced Forklifts) and Heat 3 (Reach Truck Forklifts) will be held at Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney.
Last year’s winners Angela Mulloy (Pacific Brands) and Trevor Webb (Sydney Markets) will defend their titles in Melbourne in April 2009. The national competition is supported by Schaefer Systems International and Hyster forklifts.